Sunday, September 13, 2009

runner WIP update


i've managed to get some more work done. i really tried to push myself as far out of my comfort zone as possible with the skin and shading and face stuff, and with the exception of some blocky splotchy areas and the fact that his face doesnt look at all like i wanted it to in my head, i think i did ok. im still not a huge fan of the shirt, but i had tried at least 4 other designs and couldnt come up with anything else, so im gonna just make do with what i have and move on. there are still some details i want to put in, like the buttons i have placeholders for, as well as some of the other accessories i had mentioned in my previous update. for the most part i'm pleased with how this came out, but i think my problems with creative ideas for the clothing that came about later could have been alleviated if i had done some planning work on a stock pose that didnt have a twisted torso, obscured anatomy, and whatever you'd call my attempt at perspective.